To promote holistic healing ministry to meet the needs of the poor, needy, and unreached in the name of Jesus Christ; to help members recognise their profession as a calling from God and to regard the care of the patient as an expression of God’s love; to seek to understand the emphasis of Jesus Christ in the healing of the whole person, and to express God’s authority in the moral aspects of medical practice.
To provide fellowship for Christian members of the medical profession and unite them in their common loyalty to Jesus Christ, endeavouring to establish the highest attainable standards of Christian life and professional ethics.
To witness primarily to those in the medical profession of the need for a personal commitment to Jesus as Saviour, Lord, and God through the new birth, to encourage evangelism in the medical colleges, and to strengthen the work of UESI in the colleges.
To present the medical missionary needs at home addressed to students and graduates, to encourage them to respond to God’s call and to strengthen the medical missionary enterprise in India.
What is EMFI?
The Evangelical Medical Fellowship of India (EMFI) is a family of Christ-following medical students, doctors, and dentists. We seek to grow together by linking up students, doctors, and dentists from different parts of the country for fellowship, and spurring each other on to live out Christian values in their lives and medical practice. Through our intentional fellowship, we seek to be a voice of healing and renewal in the health-care fields of our dear country, India.
EMFI was formed in 1974 and registered as a charitable trust in 1990.
- The Unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scripture (by which we understand the 66 books of the bible) as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from guilt, penalty, and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God).
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and the work of the Lord in every believer.
- The one holy, universal Church, which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of Jesus Christ.
EMFI is registered as a Trust with the Government of India. It has a General Body and operates through the Central Committee and Executive Committee.
4th Floor, Rainbow Vikas,
No: 9, Varadarajulu Street, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008, Tamil Nadu.
Promoting holistic medical services among the poor, needy, and unreached in India in the name of Jesus Christ.